Wednesday, October 29, 2008

disturbing things our children watch on tv today

my son watches tv alot, yah yah i know mother of the year but what can i say; i dont have the energy to entertain an 10 month old! there are some shows that i like, well more than some, and a few i dont. i saw the most horrible thing on tv today on yo gabba gabba. dj lance was bad enough but this lady takes the cake. big woman in glittery gold skintight spandex bodysuit with fringe, blue eyeshadow up to her eyebrows, 80's style glasses, big hair. jiggling on my tv screen singing "glitter hands" and "razzle dazzle". her name is leslie...i looked her up. see for yourself how disturbing this is. if its choppy you can click on it and it will take you to the original video on youtube.



there is also a ridiculously funny article that gave me a huge laughing attack about this episode of yo gabba gabba here. www.almightyray.com . beware that this article is not for the faint of heart and contains words that some may find very offensive.

i dont believe i will let jordan watch this show anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thank you for the kind words! Glad to know that my pain brought you joy! I did not think the words that I used were too offensive though, I tried to keep it relatively clean compared to the rest of my site. Then I went back and reread it, Ok, maybe it was a little edgy. :) I guess I'm just more hostile when I'm sober. Anyways, thanks for reading and sharing, and if you get a chance I've written a bunch more about other kids shows. But since Yo Gabba Gabba is so popular I'm thinking about doing another episode.

-Almighty Ray

Lisa said...

Ray- some of the people i know are VERY modest so i was hoping to spare them lol. you arent offencive to me at all! i love your writing, i cracked up the whole time. i hate yo gabba gabba so it really made my day to see someone hate it as much at me. that lady is terrifying...in fact the whole show seems like a bad acid trip throwback to the 80's. *shudders* thanks for the comment!